Wednesday 17 December 2008

The Edge

Gettin an Edge and being in state is a rare occurrence that happens in social situations when absolute belief in myself and social dynamics impact with each other and magnetise to put me in the 'zone'. Its influence is immeasurably positive.

State has taught me everything I know...and when it speaks, I listen. I remember the nights when I became amped and had almost no approach anxiety. I have access to the best parts of my personality and my sub-communication takes care of everything. Everything seems to be in slow motion and effortless. If there was a mirror with a hole in it, I would fuck it. My Edge rips my clothes to shreds. I just feel bad for the other guys in the room. I see all the minds in the room interacting with each other. Some will try to project incredible things onto me but I don’t buy into them. The halo of the Edge protects.

It is frightening to us in terms of its intensity and emotional truth and honesty. When it works - it works well but and when it works great - the results are magnificent. As it is developing emotional momentum, the Edge can burn out and may need reigniting. At the end of the night the Edge is shining and you’re out of your head. It will always be shimmering, waiting for the next time.

Once you've glimpsed the Edge there's no turning back. It will literally flatten out anything that get's in the way; anxieties, inhibitions, abrasiveness. When in this state you will be UNBREAKABLE. You have unstoppable super confidence. Normally either you overwhelm the scene or the scene can overwhelm you. In this state you would have set the scene on fire.

Unlike alcohol, visibly it does not make you sloppy or cloud your judgement but the net effect is still the same, you lose your inhibitions. Furthermore this is not an ego-boosting activity where the light at the end of the tunnel is an oncoming train. I mean, are we so sure that it's wise to be building state which is addictive as crack-cocaine? Yes it is a highest form of natural expression and perfectly safe.

Don’t chase this state. It will come to you. In the meantime, enjoy a few quiet moments. They don't come often enough.

You may have not experienced it yet In-Field, but you will, oh you will..!
Feel free to comment on your experiences...

Michael - NYC
~THE EDGE

No comments: