Friday 28 November 2008

Obsession



Below is a transcript of an actual series of emails that I recieved last year that went unanswered.. The Game became a dangerous obsession for a girl I barely knew but became obsessed about me.

I have posted this because I would like to know more about the mindset that goes through this person. Let me know, if you have any thoughts on it.

February 4 at 9:23pm
Thanks for ignoring me one million times. I know you don’t have to answer me, I know you don’t owe me anything, but just be a little bit kind. Don’t you think it’s strange you’re still in my brain? I do. Don’t you want to be rid of the strangeness? Doesn’t it creep you out? Isn’t it weird? All you need to type is “get over me”. That’s all I need to hear. I need peace in my brain.
Sara.

February 15 at 9:06pm
oh. i thought you were waiting til valentine's day to tell me that you love me. it's ok, you can still do it now if you want.

February 20 at 5:35pm
i want to have your children. just think how good looking they would be with both of our looks combined. so what do you think? good idea/bad idea?

February 21 at 3:03pm
well done for being in new york, be careful not get to get shot or mugged.
i can't believe you erased those special memories you and i had together, like they never happened. there is one simple way to make me go away, so stop being an arsehole and do it. if you're as deep and philosophical as you claim to be you would understand the concept of empathy. maybe you're just shallow. probably that.

February 21 at 5:13pm
Ok ok this is the last time you will ever hear from me, which you will be pleased to know. I think the reason I’ve found it so hard to let go is because I never told anyone or you how I felt about you. I think if I get it off my chest, I’ll be able to get my closure. So here it is.

You should know that there were a lot of things I didn’t like about you, but I still loved you, and was in love with you, wholly and completely, for years. And I really would’ve done anything to be with you. You were all I thought about every day and it kind of took over my life.

You should also know that the biggest regret in my life is that I didn’t get to know you. At Richmond I was going through some weird phase where I think I was trying to prove a point, which point I don’t know, or can’t remember. It was important at the time. Anyway. Have a nice life. Hope you get your million pound house.
Bye.


Then just when I thought this was the end of it, 2 weeks later it starts over...


March 4 at 8:31am
i hope "lavashak" isn't the name of a woman. i can't get over you. i still love you. i want to cook for you and take care of you. I love you . hurry up and say it back.

March 8 at 10:48am
I love you more than mangoes.‏
It's true.
Sarah.

March 10 at 12:13am
your face is more beautiful than the first lambs of spring, frolicking in pastures green.
it is true when they say that sarah loves michael.

March 11 at 11:53am
Your eyes are warm and brown like two pots of curry.
Your smile makes me feel warm inside like I’ve just eaten curry.
Basically, you remind me of curry, and I love curry. But I love you more.

March 12 at 9:23am
Your smile is sweeter than the sound of children’s laughter as they lick lollipops made of stardust and moonshine and skip about in meadows, catching butterflies and making daisy chains.

March 13 at 9:51am
Your eyes are like two glowing lumps of radioactive radium, shooting off photons of iridescent light, illuminating my world.

March 14 at 10:08am
Actually, I've got Prince of Persia for my Nintendo. It's a good game
as it goes, have you played it? There's this one really hard level
though that I can't get past. It's not because I'm rubbish or
anything, I asked everyone and they said it was the hardest bit in the
whole game. It might be easier when I get a Wii and you can use the
controller like a sword. But then, I've been thinking lately and maybe
I shouldn't get one, I've got loads of work to do and it will take up
too much of my time. What do you think I should do?

March 15 at 9:33am
Did you know that Elephant & Castle is full of crazy-weirdo people? One time last summer, this guy was walking around in a balaclava and it was about 35 degrees or something. But he was also wearing shorts, so he must've known it was hot. There's a rehab clinic opposite my office and there's this guy who sits gazing out of his window into our office. One time he was walking around naked and started pissing into (what we thought) was the sink, but was actually a cloth in the sink, which he then picked up and started licking.
It's a lovely day, isn't it?

March 16 at 4:26pm
I saw a cloud today which looked like a naan and it reminded me of
you. I miss you.

March 18 at 10:05am
hey. watcha doin? are you ever going to email me back, i just want to know you're alright.

March 20 at 11:13am
Have you ever had a moment of inspiration like in the films where the clouds part and the light comes streaming through? I did yesterday. Thanks for not blocking my email address for these past two weeks of me sending you these pesky emails. I needed to vent.I realise now (finally!) it would never work between us (even if you were interested I mean).
Hope you find peace in yourself. Good day.


God bless America

Michael
~THE EDGE

2 comments:

ITotem said...

She was not obsessed with The Game. She was obsessed with how you made her feel.

You probably didn't pickup on her needy behaviors because you didn't screen properly and you just focused on gaming her.

By gaming her, you gave her attention, you filled the emotional void she had... once it was filled, and you leave, she can't let it go.

If you were classy, you'd have responded because you would have understood where or what she's going through.

I woudln't have advised you to keep constant contact with her b/c she is needy... but being compassionate, empathetic would have been the nice thing to do... especially if you are a man of value, of love... etc.

Michael said...

Hey bud. I didn't game her, not for a second. She gamed me. She was actually the type who got to know all my friends and everything about me before we had even met and then she got obsessive. This was back in college. Then she managed to find me years later and send me the above messages. Agreed on the part about how I made her feel.